Late last month, the IBA held its Annual Membership Meeting at which time the General Membership of the Chamber elected 6 new members to its Board of Directors. The Annual Meeting was hosted and sponsored by new IBA Corporate Partner—Comcast & NBCUniversal in the exclusive Ralph’s Café on the 43rd Floor of the Comcast Tower at 17th & JFK Boulevard.
More than 125 members, business professionals, Community & Corporate Partners and guests attended the event, making it the most well attended and largest Annual Meeting the IBA has ever had.
The event also coincided with last month’s IBA ConnX. The region’s only LGBT monthly business networking series, launched earlier this year, has become very well known in the area and quite popular among LGBT & allied professionals in the Greater Philadelphia Business community.
During the course of the evening, IBA Board President, Rich Horrow, Esq. reviewed some of the highlights of the Chamber’s successes during the past year—including the launch of IBA ConnX, being recognized by the Philadelphia Business Journal as one of the region’s top 25 business networking associations, as well as one of the area’s top 25 Chambers of Commerce, not to mention adding 4 new Corporate Partners to its ranks: Elsevier, AstraZeneca, Comcast & NBCUniversal and the law firm Flaster/Greenberg.
IBA Governance Committee Chair, Jeremy Gussick conducted the election proceedings, at which time the 6 nominations to the Board were ratified by the General Membership. The 6 newly elected Board Members are:
- Deb Cassidy, Director of Sales, Marketing & Family Services, West Laurel Hill Cemetery & Funeral Home
- Greg DeShields, Executive Director, Philadelphia Multicultural Affairs Congress
- Mike Fanelle, Director of New Business Development, Bozeken
- Samantha Giusti, Executive Director, Delaware Valley Legacy Fund
- Rob Nonemacker, Events Manager, Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance
- Christopher Whibley, Executive Assistant, Information, Security& Data Protection, Elsevier
The IBA Membership also re-elected for a 2nd term Board Secretary, Tom Streeper and Membership Committee Co-Chair, Conrad Kuhn—bringing the total number of Directors to 18. For more on the Board of Directors for the IBA, click HERE.