This past July, the IBA released an RFP for the rebuild of its website. After an exhaustive process receiving and reviewing over 15 proposals from qualified web design firms from around the globe, the Greater Philadelphia region’s LGBT Chamber of Commerce has made a decision on the contract recipient.
The IBA is thrilled to announce that the project has been awarded to one of its own—web design firm and IBA Member business, YIKES, Inc. We are pleased to partner with YIKES, a woman and LGBT owned and operated company, whose values are closely aligned with those of the IBA.
YIKES, Inc. is a Philadelphia-based, full-service web design and development company who build smart, effective, creative web solutions for businesses and non-profit organizations. It’s an organization that prides themselves on outstanding quality and unsurpassed customer service.
There are many components to the YIKES proposal, not the least of which is the increased benefit to our Members—the backbone of the IBA. Here are just a few of the improvements and new features our Members can look forward to in order to help with business development and better market themselves, products or services:
- Improved user experience Easy navigation, including effortless interaction for searching the member directory, viewing the calendar of upcoming IBA events, reading featured news articles and more.
- Smooth and secure event RSVP process View and RSVP for upcoming events, securely purchase tickets and receive confirmation emails.
- Easily searchable member directory Filter and search member listings by categories such as business name, individual name, industry and zip code.
- LGBTBE, Corporate Partner and Member spotlights Highlights of IBA member businesses to provide added visibility to our business community.
- Opportunities for IBA members and sponsors to advertise With the current website averaging 4,000 page views per month, our new and improved site will attract an even larger audience, providing opportunities for member businesses to advertise to a large targeted group.
- Exclusive content for members Member login will provide access to exclusive member-to-member discounts, RFP posting board, and other member-only benefits.
The IBA is grateful to all of our Members, Member-businesses, Corporate and Community Partners who have made it possible for us to begin work on this new endeavor. Look for the launch of the new and improved IBA website, slated for January, 2015.
More about YIKES, Inc.
For 18 years YIKES has been observing the triple bottom-line philosophy of people, planet, and profit. YIKES is committed to making positive societal changes through our business practices and ethics.
YIKES is proud to have earned B Corporation Certification in 2010 and is a member and sponsor of the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia. Additionally, YIKES contributes 5 hours a week to the WordPress Open Source Project.