What is the NGLCC Certification Program?
As an IBA member, our partnership with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) gives you access to the many programs and benefits available through the NGLCC. One of the most important benefits of our partnership with the NGLCC is your ability to take advantage of the NGLCC Certification Program – the NGLCC is the exclusive, third-party certification body that verifies that eligible businesses are majority-owned by LGBT individuals, and subsequently grants LGBT Business Enterprise® (LGBTBE®) designation to such businesses as part of its LGBT Supplier Diversity Initiative.
Why get Certified?
By becoming a certified LGBTBE, through the NGLCC in partnership with the IBA, your business will/can:
- Be sought after by NGLCC Corporate Partners who are looking to increase their spend with LGBT businesses.
- Build strategic relationships with IBA partners and members, corporate representatives, and supplier diversity professionals.
- Team with other LGBTBEs for exclusive contracting opportunities nationally and locally.
- Become eligible for scholarship programs, mentorship and leadership training, and other business development tools.
- Access IBA and NGLCC corporate matchmaking and networking events throughout the year.
Who can get Certified?
Your business can get certified if it meets the following criteria:
- Majority (at least 51%) owned, operated, managed, and controlled by an LGBT person or persons who are either U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- Exercises independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise.
- Has its principal place of business (headquarters) in the United States
- Has been formed as a legal entity in the United States.
How do I get Certified?
To obtain LGBTBE Certification the following overview/information are what you need to know to initiate and complete the Certification process.
- Review the list of required documentation necessary to begin the certification process.
- Ensure your IBA Membership is in good standing to receive membership benefit waiving the full certification fee (a $400 value at no cost to you!).
- Contact NGLCC directly if your business is certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or the United States Business Leadership Network: Disability at Work (USBLN) – certification with these organizations makes your business eligible for expedited LGBTBE certification.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Send required supporting documentation to the NGLCC.
- Undergo a mandatory site visit by a certified professional.
- Await application review by the NGLCC Certification Committee.
- Receive your welcome packet and celebrate!
For questions, check out the Frequently Asked Questions on the NGLCC website or contact the NGLCC certification team directly at 202-234-9181.
IBA Member Businesses that are LGBTBE Certified
|Admark360 Promotional Products & SWAG|
|Agio Brand Solutions, LLC|
|Allcare Medical Equipment|
|ChatterBlast Media, LLC|
|Creative Business Accounting & Tax Service|
|Direct Choice Inc|
|Do It Better Wellness|
|Giampolo Law Group|
|Gray Consulting, Inc.|
|Integrity Staffing Solutions|
|Lyman & Ash, P.C.|
|Mark It Alternatives|
|Market Your Socks Off|
|Maycorr Print Group|
|Michael Albany Photography|
|Patient Care Coordination|
|Sentry Arts, LLC|
|Staffing Pharm, LLC|
|The Business Route|
|The Marketing Audit, Inc.|
|The Tactile Group|
|Thom Duffy Fine Art|
|Transition in Thought LLC|
|Valley Creek Productions|
|Waldman Research, LLC|
|Windows Management Experts, Inc. (WME)|
|Wyndetryst Graphic Design Studio|