United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
The Senior Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on six and seven figure multi-year gifts to support United Way’s Impact Fund, Endowment, and related programs. This position has direct impact on the department’s reputation among customers, sponsors and other clients, as well as impacts the financial and operational performance of the department.
Essential functions and core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Operating Responsibilities
• Oversee portfolio of 150-200 donors and prospects.
• Participate in each step of the donor pipeline including: identification; qualification through research; cultivation; briefing; request for support; and prompt follow up, stewardship, and recognition.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Vice President, Resource Development and United Way’s
100th Anniversary Campaign Council.
2. Strategy Implementation Responsibilities
• Develop individual donor strategies, along with materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
3. Organizational Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the Resource Development and Corporate Partnerships Teams to enhance relationships and create greater fundraising and outreach possibilities.
• Participate in departmental portfolio review process and be a partner in maintaining an organized system for donor stewardship by updating constituent records, as appropriate.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework.
• Bachelor’s degree (Graduate degree preferred).
• Demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising with a minimum of five to seven years experience.
• Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution.
• High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising.
• Proven ability to interact and influence philanthropic leaders.
• Experience motivating and managing high-profile volunteer leadership and senior executives.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents.
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office Suite, and other computer skills, as required.
• Passion for UWGPSNJ’s mission to harness, leverage and strategically invest the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to drive measurable results that improve the lives of people in our region.
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
Applicants who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com. Note: Senior Major Gifts Officer in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.