Sentry Arts Art Advisory
Sentry Arts Art Advisory is looking for a self-motivated part-time Project Assistant to join our small but dynamic team. As a small business, tasks will be varied and may change daily, creative thinking is encouraged; flexibility is a must. Primary responsibilities include on-site project management, contacting and scheduling contractors, on-site data collection and documentation, and client communication. An interest in art, art history, art and object restoration or design is beneficial.
The job can be physical. The candidate must be able to lift upwards of 20 lbs, help move, load and unload artwork. Experience with art handling is desired but not required.
This role reports to the Owner and Operator. This is a part-time position: 2 days or 16 hours/week, with occasional opportunities for additional hours to meet deadlines. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Sentry Arts has 25 years’ experience in the business of art. We offer an end-to-end, one-stop resource for art collection management, artifact and brand identity management. Check us out at Sentryarts.com.
· Staffing: contacting and organizing teams
· Data collection: organizational skills, attention to detail, site and project photography
· Reporting: MS Office, FileMaker
· Client Communication: professional communication with multiple clients
· Research: conducting research on individual artists, auction prices, and occasionally costs for bid submissions
· Travel: site visits and occasional overnight travel
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
· Owns or has access to reliable transportation to be used during business hours
· Owns or has access to your own laptop for use during business hours
· Ability to lift 20lbs+
· Ability to stand or walk for 8 hours at a time (sometimes required for on-site work)
· Travel (<20%), both locally and out of town/state. Overnight trips may be required on occasion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Art handling or art installation experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience.
This is a part-time position: 2 days or 16 hours/week, with occasional opportunities for additional hours to meet deadlines.