United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ)
The Impact (Program) Manager will provide leadership for initiatives and investments through aligned activities, shared measurement, building public will and mobilizing funding in Delaware County (however, home base office is Philadelphia). The Impact Manager will have primary responsibilities of managing multiple impact programs, relationships and grants that support UWGPSNJ’s Results Based Accountability Impact agenda. The primary focus of this position is to develop, implement and enhance impact strategies as well as to cultivate community based partnerships that promote UWGPSNJ’s goals. This position has direct impact on the department’s reputation among customers, sponsors and other clients, as well as impacts the financial and operational performance of the department.
Essential functions and core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Organizational Responsibilities
• Represent department with outside entities as appropriate
• Participate in organizational team discussions, i.e. Impact Department meetings and unit meetings
• Ensure that activities are integrated with other departments (including Resource Development Communications and Public Affairs, etc.) and entities within and outside the organization
• Seek out opportunities to develop and extend area of expertise and develop organizational and regional goals as a whole
• Participate in work groups, roundtables, and other internal/external committees
• Support donor education activities
• Support grant review and funding process
• United Way representative on the Delaware County EFSP Board
2. Strategy Implementation Responsibilities
• Relationship management for a portfolio of grants within Delaware County
• Analysis of current and future funding investments within Delaware County with an eye towards strengthening the human service sector’s ability to drive impact.
• Monitor relevant community indicators to evaluate current community problems and to measure progress on key outcomes
3. Organizational Relationships
• Provide leadership in convening key community partners in collaborations around selected areas of work
• Lead representative to Delaware County local board
• Advocate on behalf of UWGPSNJ or organizational strategies
• Develop opportunities and platforms that strengthen both new and existing strategic relationships with individuals, organizations and community networks
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree in relevant field preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a related field
• Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to effectively manage, organize and prioritize projects and workload with attention to detail and strong follow-through
• Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of people, and to constructively give and receive feedback
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function independently in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Office skills and experience required
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
DESIRED SPECIALZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
• Community organizing experience
Applicants who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com and note: Impact Manager in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.