Responsible for developing and promoting the Bookminders brand while developing new business leads and strengthening existing relationships with firms, prospects and other referral sources.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing professional network and clients to retain and grow new business leads and opportunities. At a minimum, meet lead generating and sales targets.
- Develop and execute strategy to grow referral network in order to generate new business leads. Network to include CPA firms, business resource centers, bankers, attorneys and other key influencers.
- Conduct personal meetings to introduce, promote and review Bookminders’ services.
- Adapt new strategies to promote the Bookminders brand, share information, attract new clients, and generate leads utilizing technology and social media, along with other creative and routine interfaces.
- Develop and implement creative partnership development ideas to meet and improve sales targets.
- Represent Bookminders at meetings, tradeshows, exhibits and other professional or networking events.
- Expand, update and manage Referral Relations database to record business development activities, evaluate performance and organize prospective client and network information.
- Schedule and conduct relationship development programs and seminars for referring organizations and strategic partnerships. Provide input and leadership on other company-sponsored client and networking events. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all prospect and client information.
- Obtain, analyze and share feedback to improve service delivery via surveys, meetings and other assessment tools. Follow up with accountants regarding Year-End Package satisfaction.
- Provide analysis and reports to track and evaluate business development initiatives.
- Provide support, as needed, to sales team in order to successfully negotiate and close contracts.
- Serve as a company resource based on knowledge and understanding of Bookminders’ services and processes, especially related to initiating and onboarding new client business.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing or sales preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years sales or marketing experience specifically in the accounting industry preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, accounting, business administration or related field required.
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, organized, goal driven, self-motivated, ambitious, confident and flexible.
- Able to work independently and as a team player; capable of building strong internal and external relationships via exceptional interpersonal skills while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, investigate and resolve issues.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines with poise and maturity.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills across all levels of an organization.
- Possess effective time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of marketing concepts, sales techniques and processes.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of accounting standards and bookkeeping principles.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management software.
- Travel at least 50% to work sites outside of main office. Must have own transportation and be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must maintain a separate, dedicated home office space with high-speed internet connection.
- Perform sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity; kneeling, standing, walking, crouching, stooping, reaching and other similar tasks.
- Operate a computer, copier, fax and telephone and other office equipment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions