Odell Studner Group
Odell Studner provides specialized risk consulting and insurance brokerage services to middle-market companies. Our practice groups comprise real estate, construction, temporary staffing and human services, with a specialized focus on captive insurance. We develop successful business relationships by partnering with forward-thinking companies who understand that taking action to reduce risk accelerates growth and increases profitability.
Assistant Account Manager – Alternative Risk / Captive
The Assistant Account Manager in the Alternative Risk/Captive division provides support to Account Managers and Account Executives and service to agency clients. The Assistant Account Manager is responsible for support service on all existing and renewed accounts including processing of information, responding to requests, data input, reviewing and preparation activities of data.
• Issue Certificates of Insurance / Evidence of Property, Auto ID Cards
• Service customer accounts including rating, quoting new and renewal risks.
• Set up renewal surveys, marketing files and assist team in renewal process.
• Oversee and manage the policy checking and delivery process to insured as directed by the
• Contact insurance carriers on an as needed basis.
• Process rating and endorsements on insurance carrier’s websites.
• Request loss runs from insurance carriers or from their websites as needed.
• Prepare customer correspondence including proposal, coverage Summary, certificates of
insurance, binders, ID cards, cancellations, letters, etc.
• Respond to customer’s inquiries regarding policies.
• Initiate, screen and prepare policy and endorsement requests for issuance and ensure prompt
• Review policies, audits and endorsements for accuracy; report errors to insurance companies for
• Interface with Account Managers and others to obtain and deliver information, quotations,
policy changes, etc. as necessary
• Input and update customer and policy information in agency management system.
• Process agency invoicing and assist to resolve billing discrepancies for assigned accounts.
• Assist Department Manager on an as needed basis.
• Prioritize workload and/or request for assistance as required.
• Maintain accurate and updated suspense file in agency management system.
• Keep team members fully informed of important activities on their accounts including being
sensitive to potential problems.
• Send appropriate instructions to Resource Pro – policy checking, ordering loss runs, and
completing loss summaries or special projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to take direction and learn from others.
• Knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Demonstrate excellent judgment and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Obtain property and casualty insurance license within six months of employment
• Four year college degree or equivalent on the job experience within insurance, business or related industry preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
The Odell Studner Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.