At TD Bank, we are committed to embracing diversity. Our mission is to cultivate a service-oriented, barrier-free culture that attracts, invests in, and promotes all talent, reflecting the diverse communities we serve.
We see people for who they are, and help them become whoever they want to be without judgment or preconceived ideas. For our customers, it’s listening to their needs and then providing trusted advice to help them achieve their financial goals, not based on what we assume they need. For our colleagues, it’s helping them accomplish their professional aspirations solely rooted in their talent and ambition, and never about how or where they were born, who they love, who they worship (or not), or how they identify.
It’s a lofty goal, but we’re well on our way.
We work to foster an inclusive environment where our customers feel welcome, and our colleagues feel safe bringing their whole selves to work. We embrace anyone with a drive to use their skills and abilities to bring our purpose – enriching the lives of our customers, colleagues and communities – to life. We know that the only way we can achieve our mission is by surrounding ourselves with colleagues who truly respect and reflect the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve.
How do we make our commitment to diversity and inclusion real? We place the same value on delivering against our success in this area as we do with our strategic and business objectives. Every leader in our organization is held accountable for our success by:
- Recruiting, developing, retaining and promoting the very best talent from all backgrounds
- Ensuring every one of our colleagues has access to challenging career opportunities and focused individualized development
- Providing tools to identify unconscious bias to all colleagues
- Supporting business resource groups dedicated to advocating for minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2+ community and veterans
- Providing an inclusive, barrier-free environment where every colleague and customer feels valued, heard, respected and supported in a nurturing environment of trust and belonging
- Serving the diverse needs of the communities where we work and live
- Conducting business with diverse suppliers
Additionally, in support of our mission, TD recently launched The Ready Commitment, targeting $1 billion by 2030, to maximize our impact by increasing financial security, elevating the quality of our environment, creating opportunities for everyone to participate in their communities; and supporting more equitable health outcomes for all, ensuring that our communities are ready for the future.